Search This Blog

Translate

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2012
Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TVActress Eva Longoria discusses President Obama's values in her 2012 National Democratic Convention (DNC) speech. Transcript of Eva Longoria's speech as prepared for delivery: LONGORIA: Hello, Charlotte! I am honored to be here as co-chair of President Obama's re-election campaign and so proud of my friend & fellow Texan, Julian Castro. Didn't he do a great job? I feel fortunate to be standing on this stage tonight. I never could've imagined it growing up. I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas & the youngest of four girls, including my oldest sister, Lisa, who has special needs. My mom was a special education teacher & my dad worked on the Army base. We weren't wealthy, but we were determined to succeed. In my family, there was one cardinal priority: education. College was not an option; it was mandatory. So even though we didn't have a lot of money, we made it work. I signed up for financial aid, Pell Grants, work study, anything I could. Just like our president & first lady, I took out loans to pay for school. Then I changed oil in a mechanic shop, flipped burgers at Wendy's, taught aerobics, & worked on campus to pay them back. Like a lot of you, I did whatever it took & four years later, I got my degree. More importantly, I got a key to American opportunity. That's who we are - a nation that rewards ambition with opportunity & where hard work can lead to success, no matter where you start. Traveling the country for the president, I see young Americans of every background <b>...</b>
Author: OraTVnetwork
Duration: 5:41



Photos for video
Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TV
Video Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TV Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TV Actress Eva Longoria's DNC Speech | 2012 Democratic National Convention | Ora TV

0 comments:

Popular Posts